Monday, January 23, 2017

Ouch! Two Losing Picks!

Boy, talk about catching a drubbin’! All year long, any Packers’s game I watched, I never saw them play so poorly. Five dropped passes – these guys are professional, for heaven’s sake, they’re not supposed to drop any passes. A fumble at the goal line? Receivers not getting open?  And as usual, the opposing QB had a field day picking apart the Green Bay secondary. The team really needs to work on recruiting some better help in the backfield in the off-season. Actually, I was quite pleased that they made it as far as they did, being ranked 31st in the league in yards allowed. Final score: 44-21. Ouch!

The Steelers didn’t fare much better, 17-36, against New England. I was biting my tongue when I picked them to win, knowing what a great team a Brady-led Patriot team is. Their receiving corp is better as is their secondary, prime requites for a primarily passing team. The Steeler lose of LeVeon Bell was not a good thing.

So, out of the ten games played in the post season, so far, I’ve won seven. 70 %. No too good. Only the Super Bowl  is left – two weeks away. The Atlanta Falcons vs the New England Patriots. What a game that will be! Of course, I and many others thought yesterdays games were going to be a lot closer than they were. Nobody expected the Packers and the Steelers to get run over like they did. (But you can bet there will be some loudmouths out there this morning crowing about how they knew it all along. Don’t pay them any mind.)


So who do you like in the Super Bowl? (this will be my 51st one to have watched, by the way.) I really don’t know at this point who to pick. If both teams play at the levels they played yesterday, it will be something to watch. If one team has a bad-luck day, like the Packers and the Steelers yesterday, it will be a groaner. But how do you know beforehand?

Tell me your pick at fvoss70@live.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment